VPS Service Level Agreement
Last modified: 29th November 2021
UmbHost Limited. guarantee 99.99% network availability in a given month for our Virtual Private Servers (VPS), subject to exclusions as defined below:
- Upgrades, scheduled maintenance, or emergency maintenance windows.
- Where it has been identified that the customer’s website and/or server is degrading the overall performance, quality and/or operation of the UmbHost Limited network.
- Any customer actions that lead to technical issues, such as custom code or third-party software installed by the customer, wilful misconduct, or breaches of the UmbHost Limited Terms and Conditions.
- Periods reported by the customer in which no fault is observed or confirmed by UmbHost Limited.
- Performance degradations and service loss due to Denial Of Service attacks or other unlawful attacks.
Network service is only considered unavailable during periods when the servers and/or connectivity is either completely inaccessible or is severely degraded.
In the unlikely event of server hardware failure which cannot be fixed, UmbHost Limited guarantees that replacement hardware will be available within four hours of the problem's diagnosis. If availability falls below this guarantee in any given calendar month we shall credit your account with a half day (12 hours) service credit for each hour that the service is not available, subject to a maximum credit in any one month of 50% of the monthly fee.
To claim your credit, please submit a ticket to Customer Services from My.UmbHost within 7 working days of the incident.